I was recently bestowed by Cadry of Cadry’s Kitchen with the One Lovely Blog award, an award passed among bloggers. Already an honor, it’s even more special because I have been a long-time reader and admirer of Cadry’s blog. Thank you!
Once the award is received, you can choose to nominate seven other blogs as well, and I thought this would be a great opportunity to spread a little blog-love around. Whether for their sensible approaches to promoting the vegan lifestyle, captivating story telling, stunning simplicity, ability to eloquently present thought-provoking issues, beautiful photography or tempting recipes, here are seven blogs I always eagerly anticipate reading:
- Vegan Richa (formerly Hobby & More). Breads, Indian, Vegan Recipes. Veganizing it…one recipe at a time!
- Sweet On Veg. Plant-Based Recipes & Magical Inspirations.
- Suburban Snow White. The musings of former omnivore on her new animal-friendly life.
- Namely Marley. Names, Food & Life.
- Almost Vegan. Vegetarian • Vegan • Raw • Food & Travels.
- The Purple Carrot. A Kansas City Based Food Blog with a Healthy Twist!
- Cadry’s Kitchen (this is no “courtesy” award!). From the outside, veganism looks like limits. From the inside, freedom.
In addition to giving the award to others, recipients are encouraged to share seven things about themselves. Here are a few random things about me:
- When I wrote about Philly recently, I mentioned that I have a list of cities where I would like to live, if we were to ever leave KC. The city that tops that short list is Seattle. Have I ever been there? No, but I have a feeling I would like it.
- By day, I am a litigation paralegal for a Fortune 500 company. I love my job.
- I owe my veganism to listening to Colleen Patrick-Goudreau’s podcast Vegetarian Food for Thought. It remains the only podcast I’ve ever listened to. I downloaded it on a whim, and it literally changed my life.
- My husband and I met at work. Even though I passed him in the halls nearly every day each summer (and supposedly engaged in a conversation on occasion), it took me three years to notice him. I actually asked who the “new guy” was. Once noticed, however, I was smitten.
- I’m an avid reader. By this time most years, I’d be around 12-15 books. Sadly, I’m only at six this year — any recommendations?
- One of my favorite side dishes at the moment is a “mashed avocado salad.” Can’t. Get. Enough. Take a ripe avocado, cut it in half, remove the pit, sprinkle it with a bit of salt and a lot of pepper — and then mash it all together and eat (one avocado serves two).
- I am seriously mesmerized by nature. The sky…birds…and especially trees — I love thinking about the life they’ve seen and the stories they have to tell.
Today, we’re also announcing the winner of the fun Musco Family Olive Co. olive sampler pack, as well as the winners of the free product coupons. Thank you to Musco, and thanks to everyone that entered. I enjoyed reading about your favorite ways to enjoy olives!
Please send your first and last name and your mailing address to me at firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours, and we’ll get your winnings to you.